Thursday, September 10, 2009

Where are my ankles?

I'm sitting in my friend Becky's living room - in Cambridge, MA. She received a Master's degree from Harvard this summer and is staying in town to work at a neuroscience lab. Becky has been asking me to come visit since she moved here, I've always wanted to visit Boston, and I figured that since I had the points for a free ticket that now was the best time to come - before I'm either too pregnant or I have a little one in tow. Since I'm traveling solo I wanted to make sure I arrived during the daytime, since I would be taking the subway from the airport to her place. (I wish we had a nice public transit system like this in San Jose) This meant that I had to take a red eye flight out of San Jose last night and I am exhausted, but today is my "relax" day while Becky goes to work I can nap and put my feet up. My doctor mentioned that I would need to try to get up and walk around during the flight because I would get swollen from sitting still so long due to decreased circulation to your limbs during pregnancy. I did try to sleep on the flight, but about half way there I got up for about 10 minutes and moved around. I know it's not much, but I figured better than nothing. Nonetheless, I am unable to find my ankle bones at the moment. ;) My calves feel like they're about to burst and my toes look like little sausages. I did take a 15 minute walk once I got here and now I have my feet up, so the swelling should be gone shortly, but it's definitely not fun. I guess this means I need a good pedicure with a mini massage!

No comments: