

Mark and I are so excited to announce that we're having a boy; we're naming him Hunter James. James is the name of both of our maternal grandfathers, and I don't think Hunter needs any further explanation ;). In the last week or so I was asked by a lot of my friends if I had any intuition on the gender, and I would always say no. In my dreams I would never see my baby as one sex or the other.... until last night. I had 3 separate baby dreams last night (which is hard to believe because I barely slept last night) and in all 3 dreams it was clear my baby was a boy. So I guess he waited until the last minute to send me dreams identifying himself.
The appointment went great. I had some apprehension about it because I knew that the main point of the 20 week ultrasound was to check the baby to make sure that he was growing appropriately - having all his limbs, organs, fingers, toes, 4 heart chambers, aligned spine and no fluid on the brain. Well...God is good!!! He checked out perfectly in all those areas. He measured a week ahead of my due date - which is great that he's growing so well - and he weighs approximately 14oz right now. So baby and mama are healthy and doing great. My mother-in-law was very sweet and took me to the mall right after my appointment to get us some very cute boy outfits. Thanks, Salami! We also received some great gifts this week from some of Mark's co-workers in the court house. Today is his last day in the courts for a while so they wanted to give him something before he left.
The photos I'm attaching of baby Hunter are pictures of pictures. The doctor printed out some still photos she took during the ultrasound, and then I took pictures of those. The first one you see he's curled up with his legs & feet above his belly and an arm sticking out to the side. The doc also gave me a DVD that's a 6 minute recording of my ultrasound, which is awesome, but at this point I have no idea how to post it. =(
1 comment:
Congratulations guys, we are happy for you!
Post a Comment