I made it back to San Jose safe and sound yesterday afternoon, but I am exhausted. I was up at 3am CA time yesterday and didn't manage to get to bed until after 10pm - then up today at 6:15am. I will be taking it easy tomorrow and I definitely see a nap somewhere in my day ;)
Boston/Cambridge was a lot of fun!!! I love all the history that's there. I do have to say it's not the same running around a city when you're pregnant. I had to come to terms with the fact that I could only be out for 3-4 hours a day and that was it - not the all day long non-stop stuff I could do before, like the last time I visited Becky when she was in New York City. Luckily Becky didn't mind me being "boring" for a good part of the day. We did some baking, had some great meals and we even ate Boston Cream Pie at the Omni Parker Hotel in Boston where it is said to have been invented (and where JFK proposed to Jackie). I found that Cambridge residents LOVE ice cream. Every time we left the house there would be countless people walking down the street with ice cream cones in their hands, and there was definitely not a lack of ice cream parlors. Yum!
While I had a great time, it's always nice to come home. I missed Mark a lot and it was apparent that Hunter missed his daddy too. He is usually moderately active during the day, short spurts off and on, then likes to move around most when I go to bed. But the afternoon I came home and was with Mark he was moving around like crazy - loving the sound of his daddy's voice and being near him. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment