Friday, October 30, 2009

The final countdown!!!

I'm officially in my 3rd trimester and I only have 12 more weeks to go! I can't believe it, the past 28 weeks seem to have gone by so fast. I had my 28 week appt this morning and the doctor said baby Hunter is following textbook, measuring right at 28 weeks. My little Hunter, already book smart ;) Everything was normal, heart beat sounds great, and now I start going in every two weeks for a check up. I also passed my glucose test - hooray! With such little time left now until our little one's arrival it has hit me that we really need to get on top of preparing Hunter's room. We're planning on putting Hunter's crib together tomorrow and I need to get the closet cleaned out and ready for his stuff. Mark and I went to visit our good friends, the Tiner's, last weekend in Elk Grove to see the newest addition to their family - a little boy, named Carson. While I was there Alyssa gave me a couple bags of maternity clothes and a bag of newborn outfits, so I'm set for the rest of the pregnancy and we don't have to worry about running out to get newborn outfits if Hunter is too small for the 0-3 months for a few weeks. I'm so grateful! I scheduled an appointment today for our hospital tour, which will be next weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a private birthing "suite". =)
Mark turned the big 3-0 last Saturday. It was also his Mom's birthday the same week, so we took a trip up to Auburn last weekend to visit them and celebrate both of their birthdays. Mark is still thoroughly enjoying being on patrol, but I think it's fair for me to say that the report writing is his least favorite part and there sure is a lot of that. ;)
I wish you all a fun Halloween!!!

No comments: