Friday, October 2, 2009

24 weeks down... only 16 more to go!

I had my 24 week appt this morning. I'm so bummed I don't get ultrasounds anymore, I would love to be able to see little Hunter again, but we do get to listen to his beautiful heartbeat. My tummy is measuring right on track and things seem to be going along very smoothly. Hunter's kicks keep getting stronger. I sit in amazement sometimes at the miracle of what's going on inside my belly. I also can't believe my tummy is going to continue to grow for another 16 weeks, it seems so big to me already.

So far FTO is going well for Mark, though his body still doesn't always seem to want to let him sleep during the day - no matter how tired he is. I think the most he's slept during the day is 6 hours. He was so sweet to come with me to my doctor appt this morning, after working all night, though once we actually got there and he came off his work "high" he was fading fast. Hopefully he can do a lot of catch up this weekend. =)

Baby @ 24 weeks: "He cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon."

No comments: