Time seems to be flying by, with only 14 more weeks to go. My baby shower is coming up in November, and I am really looking forward to it! I can definitely tell I am getting more hungry more often these days - but, yes, I still understand that I am not eating for "two". At my high school reunion last weekend they weren't serving dinner until 9pm, and of course I was starving by 7:30. They had pieces of candy on the tables so I picked up a small piece of chocolate to eat and hold off any stomach rumblings. A guy, who was a guest not a former classmate, decided to say to me "You know, just because you're pregnant does not mean you're eating for two". Excuse me??!! He also thought he should mention to me that eating chocolate was not a good choice due to the sugar content. I was taken back, and quite irritated, but I politely replied by thanking him for his concern and my baby and I were just fine and walked away. I tried to attach a picture of Mark and I from the reunion, but I'm getting errors... so maybe next time ;)
Baby at 26 weeks:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat.
No comments:
Post a Comment