Saturday, August 29, 2009

Is this your first?

I get that question from "strangers" or people I'm meeting for the first time that find out I'm pregnant.  I'm not quite sure what to say.  Is it my first pregnancy, my first baby? No.  Do I have any children at home?  No.  I don't want to deny my angel baby, but at the same time it's just easier to say yes.

Mark & I bbq'd with some of our neighbors last night.  It turns out that one of Mark's co-workers, Joe, lives in our complex.  Him and his wife, Amy, live about a 60 second walk away with their 2 1/2 yr old daughter, Lexi. It's always nice to meet people that live in the complex, especially such nice people who have a similar life to us.  Well... not exactly similar.  Joe is also on active duty with the US Army and will be deployed to Germany for a year in October.  Mark will be starting his Patrol training in a week and will be working nights.  I'm such a scardy-cat when it comes to being home alone, so Amy and I are already talking sleepovers while the men are away ;)  She's also one of the few lucky ones in our complex that has a 3 bedroom unit - which also means no one above or below you.
Here's the latest on our little one =)
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you. Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

No comments: