Monday, August 10, 2009

4 month appt day

16 weeks down & 24 to go. As I mentioned in the previous post, I didn't get an ultrasound this time but the PA (physician's asst) did use a doppler so we could hear the heartbeat - which was nice and strong. She found it right away and that was a relief. I've read that many women go in and it takes the doctor a few minutes to find it (because the baby still has so much room in there you don't know exactly where to place the doppler) but of course it can freak you out in the mean time until they find it. So far everything is going along great. My baby bump is still fairly small, but word is that at about month 5 the belly just 'pops' overnight. The nurse that took my blood pressure asked me if I work out - she said that my blood pressure is low and has consistently been that way, which is a good thing ;) So today's appt was short and sweet, but next time we get the "big" news. Now I just wait and eagerly anticipate September 4th. This is also the appt where the doc will be checking for all the vital organs and making sure everything is there and in it's place. I forgot to ask the PA about her thoughts on pregnant women getting the H1N1 flu shots. =( I am going to write it down to make sure I ask the doc on the 4th. At this point I'm against getting it. It's so new and there's no research to know what possible effects it could have on the baby. In the mean time I'll just plan on getting the regular seasonal flu shot, which I know to be okay.

No comments: