Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Just to see you smile...

Hunter's beautiful smile seems to get bigger and brighter every day! Mark & I love doing whatever fun & silly things we can to make him smile and laugh. He just LOVES his Daddy and is always super excited when Mark walks through the door each night. Here's a picture from last night. I had Hunter in his high chair with me in the kitchen while I was getting dinner ready. Mark walked in and gave Hunter a very excited hello and he got this reaction...



We are both still loving the "mommy" group that I joined earlier this year. It's amazing to see Hunter and these other babies grow & change so much each week. I wish the first 6 months could go by a little slower. Hunter misses his cousins and the interaction with them, so I'm glad I'm able to have him around other babies and toddlers... and so Mark & I aren't the only faces he sees each week! ;)

Hunter went swimming for the first time last week & we had a blast! Hunter is a natural in the water, doing his frog-kicks like a pro. He lasted a very long time and enjoyed lounging with his friends, Lylah & Kiersten. I think next summer he'll be ready for some lessons =)




Hunter is not yet crawling, but he's gotten up on all fours just recently. Yet even though he's not crawling he certainly knows how to get himself around. He rolls, scoots and worms his way across the floor. He also does his frog kicks on his belly that move him backwards.

We have introduced solids and it's going okay. He flip-flops with whether or not he likes sweet potatoes, but he seems to love peaches. This week I'm going to try peas. I'm really hoping that Hunter won't be a picky eater like his Mommy and will follow after Mark, who eats pretty much everything but mushrooms ;)

Though I have the occasional tough day when Hunter just isn't having a good day, teething just isn't fun sometimes, I am so extremely grateful and blessed that I get to be home with him and enjoy every moment he's awake... and asleep ;)

No comments: