Monday, August 23, 2010

7 months old already!

Hunter turned 7 months old this past Saturday, the 21st. We had a little photo session of him and his foam number 7, here are a couple of the pictures...





Hunter has been growing up so quickly. As of about a week and a half ago Hunter has been getting up on all fours. He rocks back & forth and attempts to move himself forward, but ends up on his belly. This morning, for the first time, he transitioned from a sitting position to all fours. That was a nice progression for me to see because I would always have to be on guard with him when he was sitting to make sure he didn't "go boom" when he was ready to move. So our little guy will be crawling any day - I read that they usually transition from rocking on all fours to crawling within 3 weeks or so. Hunter also pulled himself up to a standing position for the first time the other day. That was a bit scary to see, as I don't think any of us are ready for that yet ;)

Hunter is still pretty inconsistent with his sleep, but on good nights he can go up to 7 hours without waking up. Hallelujah! It's amazing how different I feel during the day if I've had 7 uninterrupted hours of sleep the night before ;)

Last night Mark and I took Hunter to the circus at the San Jose Arena and had a great time! I think it was definitely sensory overload for Hunter - all the colors, lights, kids, animals, etc. You can tell by the look on his face in the pictures ;) He fell asleep in the car before we got home.





I hope you are all doing well as summer is winding down for many. It's supposed to get close to 100* here this week, so we will be filling up the kiddie pool so Hunter & I can cool off during the day. =) The Saturday before last we were able to spend time with a lot of our family at Denis' first birthday party in Roseville. Angelina got down on the floor to show Hunter how to crawl, so cute. Unfortunately I baby-brained on pulling out the camera to take pictures so I don't have any from that day to share. I can't believe that Denis is already a year old. I remember so clearly the day I got the phone call that Elicia gave birth - it was my last day of summer school at De Anza and I was about 16 weeks pregnant will Hunter. Just far enough along to look bloated but not yet pregnant ;) What a great year it has been.

Have a great week!

No comments: