Mark mentioned to me the other day how he misses being able to just hold Hunter and snuggle, like when he was a newborn and was sleeping most of the day. Now that Hunter is a "big boy" and wants to be a busy body at all awake hours, it seems the relaxing & snuggle time on the couch is gone. So on Thursday afternoon, instead of putting Hunter down for his nap and squeezing in all the things I felt needed to be done before he woke up, I decided to rock him to sleep... and just continue rocking. I sat there in the recliner in his room, slowing rocking back & forth, watching Hunter as he slept and thinking of how in love with him I am & how blessed we are that God entrusted him to us. I knew this particular nap would probably be about an hour and so I just sat there rocking & holding him for that hour and enjoying every minute of it. I didn't think of what I "should be" doing, because that was it... and it was fabulous. I'm really looking forward to more moments of enjoying the small things with Mark and our beautiful boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment