Hunter has now conquered rolling from his back to his tummy!! He did it for the first time on Tuesday and loves doing it all the time now. We had to keep a close eye on him before, but now we have to be extra careful. He's also become very interested in his feet, loves to grab at them and play with them whenever he can. Everything he touches goes right to his mouth, as has been the case for a few weeks now. He has also begun to mimic things that Mark and I do - like trying to stick out his tongue after we do it, making a certain face, and the big crazy kisses we give him he tries to give right back. My mouth hurts at the end of the day from smiling and laughing so much.
Unfortunately the cold that Hunter got after getting his vaccinations has been passed on to me. I think it should be physically impossible for a parent of an infant to get sick, but that is definitely not the case. It started Tuesday and then I woke up feeling horrible yesterday, so my wonderful husband used a sick day at work so he could take care of our little monkey and let me get some rest. Of course I laid in bed for 2 hours yesterday afternoon trying to sleep but maybe got 20 minutes - I guess that's how it is when you are sick and can't take the good drugs ;) At least I was able to lie down and rest without having to worry. So now I do my best to not reinfect Hunter, washing my hands a lot and holding back on the kisses (which is so hard!).
Hunter is 19 weeks old today and is still waking up WAY too often at night. A typical night would be every 3 hours. I know the pediatrician said he's hungry because he's growing so much, but during the day he'll go 4 hours without eating so I can't for the life of me understand why he would need to eat more often than that at night. I've tried not feeding him and rocking him back to sleep, but he whines and cries (up to 45 minutes one night) until I feed him - then he's happy and falls right to sleep. But it's really starting to weigh heavily on me to be woken up so much, especially right now when I'm not feeling good. Last night when Hunter first went down he slept for 4 hours, but then for some reason he was up every 2 hours after that. AGGHH!!! I just requested "Healthy sleep habits, happy baby" from the library and I'm hoping that will have some good tips for me.
This is a picture from Hunter's cousin's baptism. Denis' brother took it and I think it is soooooo cute!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment