A lot has happened since Mother's day. The last week in May I received a phone call that I didn't think would come - I was called up from the waiting list for nursing school and would be starting classes June 6th! Yes, I had just over a week to fill out piles of paperwork, go get blood tests and vaccines and school supplies, and prepare myself to go from being with Hunter 24/7 to being at school 35 hours a week. I was a major stress case the first 5 weeks! Things are still stressful and crazy, but there's more calm alongside the craziness since we have somewhat of a routine down and it all seems like old hat now. As of this week, I'm already 1/3 of the way done with school. I'm attending a private university that has an accelerated 1 year program for students who already have a bachelor's in another concentration. We're on break this week and when we return October 3rd I will start my pediatrics clinical rotation. I'm really excited about this, as well as the maternity rotation that will follow ;)
Hunter is FANTASTIC!

He's 20 months old now and has completely taken over our home. He is getting better with his words, and is able to say some phrases such as "where did it go?" and "I don't know". These phrases are extra cute when you get to see the arms bent at the elbow, palms up pose that goes along with them :) His favorite things/toys are planes, trains & automobiles! He can't get enough, and he is just the most adorable thing ever when he does his "choo-choo" noises. We took him down to the Roaring Camp railroad in Felton (near Santa Cruz) last week to ride the steam train. He was in awe! It's so fun to see the excitement and amazement in his eyes. He can take off running like an olympic sprinter, and often likes to attempt escapes out of the front door. Hunter definitely is in the "I want to do things myself" stage. He will start freaking out if he thinks either of us is going to attempt to feed him instead of him doing it himself. Hunter loves anything to do with water, including dumping it on himself if need be. We just know this boy is going to be a rain puddle jumper for sure. He is fascinated by ants, bugs, bees, butterflies and the like. At the park he often stops to bend over and check out any ants that might be gathering to pick up the remnants of some kid's snack.

Mark is doing great as well. Work is keeping him busy on the weekends and he & Hunter are really enjoying their father/son time during the week when I'm at school. I know Mark used to be a little jealous when Hunter would want Mommy all the time, but the tables have definitely turned. He is Daddy's little shadow now, and Mommy is rarely the go-to parent. Plus, Daddy has a much cooler truck and work car than Mommy does ;)

I hope to be back with another update sooner rather than later!

No comments:
Post a Comment