Monday, May 9, 2011

... and we're back

Sorry it has been a while since I've posted here. I got caught up with school and everything else going on, and I neglected our blog.

Happy belated Mother's Day to all the mommies!!! I had a great day yesterday, but it was missing one big thing - Mark. He had to work, so he missed out on all the festivities. Hunter & I had a nice day in Santa Cruz & Capitola with my mommy and Zach. Elicia couldn't make the trip, since she's getting so close to her due date, and we missed her as well.

Mother's day 2010



Mother's day 2011


It's amazing what a difference a year makes. Last year I had my little chunky
3 1/2 month old baby. This year I have a 15 month old boy. I am in awe of how fast our little monkey grows and learns new things. I was rocking him to sleep for his nap today, and I noticed he was fast asleep but I didn't want to put him down. I gave him several kisses on his forehead and tears started streaming down my face. I was so busy yesterday with all the fun, I didn't stop and think about how grateful I am to be a mommy - Hunter's mommy. I prayed over him, asking God to have angels constantly watching over him and keeping him safe, and asking that Hunter will grow up to be a wonderful man that is loving, giving, God-fearing, merciful, playful, outgoing, and all those other great qualities we want to see in our children. I, again, thanked God for giving me such a wonderful gift. I prayed so hard for this little man, for God to bless Mark and I with a child after our heart-breaking loss - and He did!

I can't mention mother's day and mommies without acknowledging my amazing mother. She sacrificed so much for us, and showered us with love and attention, and I would not be half the woman I am today without her. Love you, Mommy! Thank you!! xoxo

Ok... I'll move on from the sappiness. As I mentioned, Hunter is growing in leaps and bounds. His current vocabulary consists of: mama, dada, no, dinner, outside, all done, shoe, that, nose, and I'm sure a couple others I can't think of right now. He talks up a storm, with his made up words, and often uses his hands to gesture. He is OBSESSED with trucks, especially firetrucks. It was a special treat for him the other day to be able to sit in a firetruck and see it all up close. We were leaving a store and the truck pulled into the parking lot. I walked him over so we could take a look at it and the captain offered to put him in the front seat. I think he was in a bit of shock ;)



Hunter is also becoming my little bookworm. He loves looking through books, and plopping himself down on my lap so we can read or look through a book together. It's probably the favorite part of my day with him. He is really liking the picture books right now, trying to learn what the different animals or colors or trucks are (yes, he has a book of all different types of trucks).

It's time to get back to my mommy/wife duties - but I promise to try to be better about posting ;) I'll leave you with a few more recent pictures




No comments: