Friday, December 31, 2010

Farewell 2010

I wish you all a belated Merry Christmas and hope that you had a wonderful time celebrating with your family and friends. Our Christmas was wonderful. We were able to spend time with both sides of our family and it was so exciting to have Hunter's first Christmas.











It seems so surreal that today is the last day of 2010! Last New Year's eve I was home with a few girlfriends, very pregnant, while Mark worked the 3pm to 1am patrol shift. This year we have a vibrant 11 month old boy, and Mark is home on vacation, so we all get to be together. Two thousand & ten has been very good to us - it started off with a bang with the birth of Hunter and it has been full of more blessings since then. Mark still has his job, which he loves. I have been able to continue my schooling while being a stay at home Mom. And to top it off, us and our loved ones have all been healthy and blessed as well.

I think I acquired about 1,000 new wrinkles this year, but I have to take those in stride because they are due to the million times a day that Hunter makes me smile. =) A girlfriend and I were talking about that the other day - how people say that having kids really ages you. Yes, it does, but (for the most part) in the best ways possible. I probably could have gotten away with telling people I was 20 years old up to last year, but now I am definitely looking my age ;) But how can I complain about the wrinkles that come from all the fun & joy I get from the time I spend with my precious boy?

I've always thought that Mark would make a great Dad, and my thoughts have been proven to be true. Mark is amazing with Hunter and the two are just madly in love with each other. Now that Hunter is less and less attached to me in the food department, I definitely think that Daddy is his favorite. Mommy can be there smiling and chatting with him, but he looks around me to see his Daddy - and one smile from him makes Hunter beam. I appreciate all the effort that Mark puts into his relationship with Hunter, and with me, making this past year all the more special.





So we bid a fond farewell to 2010 and look forward to all the amazing things that 2011 has in store - starting off with our baby boy turning 1 yr old January 21st. Mark will also be going out on patrol starting January 10th, so that will definitely change things up for us.

Happy New years!!!

No comments: