Monday, October 4, 2010

A couple new firsts

Unfortunately, both of these firsts were painful ones - a first tooth and a first fat lip =(

On Saturday night Mark and I both felt Hunter's first tooth! We have been expecting it for a few weeks now since his gums on the bottom have been swollen and you could see the front two teeth just underneath the surface. I'm expecting it's neighbor tooth to come in any day now as well. Teething definitely does make for a cranky little monkey come nap time & bed time. Once I finally get him to sleep he will often wake up the second I try to put him in his crib. This past week I've definitely taken a few naps with him just to keep him asleep.

Caution! I'm teething...



I had just mopped the pergo floor downstairs so I was letting Hunter crawl around on it yesterday morning. He spotted something exciting and started to make a dash for it - and in his excitement his arms just couldn't keep up and he planted his mouth right on the wood floor =( He certainly let me know it hurt and I did my best to comfort him & then distract him. Once he was happily distracted I had to take a few pictures (per Mark's request). His poor fat, booboo lip



Mark was working overtime yesterday at the "Fiesta del sol" celebration at the county fairgrounds. He has worked these types of events before and they have been fairly low key, as far as police involvement goes. Well they kept them on their toes yesterday, with several different fights breaking out and Mark and his partners having to intercede. Luckily I've always known Mark can hold his own in a fight ;) and I didn't see even one scratch on him. Apparently one of the fights was a "cat fight" and Mark said he's never seen so much hair pulled out before, huge chunks in the women's hands and all on the floor. Yikes!

This will be my 3rd week of school and so far so good. Hunter is doing well with Daddy and I'm really enjoying the class. Last Thursday we dissected a sheep's brain. Fun! While it was a little gross at first, it was very interesting. Though the smell of formaldehyde was quite overwhelming and I was still smelling it when I got home, so I had to rub some eucalyptus oil under my nose to go to sleep ;)

We're excited for October and the cooler weather... and of course we're looking forward to dressing up Hunter in his monkey costume for Halloween! =)

No comments: