Time continues to fly as Thursday it will be 12 weeks since Hunter was born. He is getting more alert and interested in things every day. He will track you, or items you have in your hand, and is more interested in the toys & stuffed animals we have for him - especially the ones that move and make noise. He swats at the toys that hang in front of him, and loves to lay on his back and kick his legs like crazy. We continue to get a lot of smiles and laughs from him.
We had great Easter celebrations with our families. Hunter was great on the ride to Auburn, sleeping the entire way, but unfortunately the ride home was a different story. There was a lot of traffic, so it took us 4 hours to get home. Hunter was not happy being in his car seat and cried for a good amount of that trip. We couldn't get home soon enough!
Hunter has me beginning to wonder if he's teething already. As of the last week he's been chewing on his hands and tongue a lot and was quite crabby over the weekend. I've tried offering him some chew toys, which he might like for a minute or two then will push them away, but he favors his hands. I attempted to leave Hunter for the first time to attend a good friends' bridal shower last Saturday. It conveniently started around the time Hunter usually takes his afternoon naps, and I had also pumped to leave Mark some milk for him. I fed him before I left and he fell asleep - so I passed him off to Mark and headed out. Mark said no less than 5 minutes after I left Hunter was awake & screaming. Nothing he tried could comfort him, so about 45 minutes later I got the call to come home. Usually Hunter is just fine hanging out with Dad while I'm doing the dishes, making dinner, etc so I attributed this "episode" to his overall crankiness over the weekend. We'll have to try it again in a few weeks ;)
I signed up for a 60 day trial membership to Las Madres. It's a group for Moms and their young kids - so you can get together with other moms that are in your same situation, get some adult socializing in, get the kids together for interaction and just be able to get out of the house. I'm really liking it so far.
Attached are some of our favorites from the professional pictures we had taken and then a few other cute ones we took.




No comments:
Post a Comment