Saturday, November 21, 2009

9 weeks to go!

Yup, that's right, I'm 31 weeks today with only 9 weeks left to go. Well... give or take a week or so - preferably he's not late. I am still able to be active and get to the gym 3-4 days during the week. I feel like an alien while I'm there - I've never gotten so many stares in my life as I do with my big belly at the gym. I've had the occasional Braxton Hicks contractions, but that's normal and as long as I drink water and sit for a bit everything is fine.

I had my baby shower last Saturday and it was wonderful! A big thank you to my Auntie Donna for offering her home, to my mother-in-law for putting all the food together, and to my sister for hosting & all the planning and organizing!!! <3 We received so many wonderful gifts from family and friends, which we're very grateful for! I can't wait to dress him in the cute outfits and put all those fun gifts to use. =)

We're having Thanksgiving at my Mom's house this year - no cooking for me! Mark does not have to work that day, HOORAY, so we can enjoy Thanksgiving together with our families. My stomach is definitely losing room in there, so I can't eat as much in one sitting as I used to - but that's probably a good thing for the holidays. =) I just need some stuffing and a slice of pecan pie and I'll be happy ;)

31 weeks:
This week, your baby measures over 17 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (I bet Hunter weighs more than that) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

No comments: